Mediterranean Chicken Orzo
- Prep Time10 min
- Cook Time15 min
- Total Time25 min
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 lb chicken breasts sliced thin + pounded
- 1 1/2 cup whole wheat orzo (dry)
- 1/2 tablespoon garlic minced
- 1.5 cup grape tomatoes halved
- 1/2 cup kalamata olives pitted + sliced into small pieces
- 1/4 cup white wine
- 1 cup spinach chopped
- 1/4 cup pine nuts (optional if nut free)
- 1 tablespoon fresh basil chopped
- 1 tablespoon fresh parsley chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon oregano
- 1/2 cup feta
- 1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes
Bring a small pan of water to a boil. Cook orzo per directions.
While orzo is cooking, on a separate large skillet or pan heat 1 tablespoons olive oil.
Add chicken to the heated pan and cook until it is golden brown, about 5-7 minutes on each side. Remove from pan and set off to the side.
Once chicken has been removed from the pan. Make sure to keep oil/grease in pan. Add additional tablespoon olive oil to the pan and heat.
Stir in garlic and cook over medium heat for 1 minute. Stir in cherry tomatoes and white wine. Cook on high until tomatoes are soft soft + wine begins to reduce (approximately 5 minutes)
Serve the chicken on top of the orzo, garnish with feta + enjoy!