- Prep Time10 min
- Cook Time30 min
- Total Time40 min
- ½ white onion, diced
- 1 medium carrot, peeled and finely diced
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- ¼ cup fresh basil, chopped
- 5 cups fat-free chicken stock (vegetable stock for vegetarians)
- ½ cup skim milk
- ¾ cup half & half
- 1 jar Ragu Traditional Pasta Sauce
- 14.5 ounce can diced tomatoes
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon pepper
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 16 ounces refrigerated three-cheese tortellini
- parmesan cheese, for garnish
- basil, for garnish
Place the onion, carrot, and olive oil in a 6-quart dutch oven or soup pot. Simmer over medium heat until the onions are translucent.
Add the fresh basil, chicken stock, milk, half & half, pasta sauce, and diced tomatoes to the mixture. Stir until combined.
Add the salt, pepper, and garlic powder to the mixture and stir. Simmer for 20 minutes.
Place the tortellini into the mixture and allow the soup to simmer for another 15-20 minutes.
Serve with parmesan cheese and fresh basil.