- Prep Time10 min
- Cook Time20 min
- Total Time30 min
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon each – chili powder and cumin
- 1 teaspoon each – turmeric and garam masala
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- dash of each -cinnamon and cayenne (to taste)
- 2 14-ounce cans chickpeas
- 2 14-ounce cans fire roasted diced tomatoes
- 1 cup rice
- 1 can coconut milk
Heat the olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add the onion; saute until soft. Add the garlic, spices, salt, and chickpeas – stir until very fragrant. Add the tomatoes (undrained) and simmer for 20 minutes while you prep the other ingredients.
Cooke rice with 1 cup (about 1 can) coconut milk and 1 cup water for about 20 minutes, or until liquid is absorbed.